Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) (Postdoctoral fellow, PhD degree)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) carries out programs that provide excellent researchers from other countries an opportunity to conduct collaborative research, discussions, and opinion exchanges with researchers in Japan. These programs are intended to help advance the overseas researchers’ research activities while advancing science and promoting internationalization in Japan.
- Fields of Research: all fields of the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences
- Duration of Fellowships: 12 to 24 months
- Candidate (Invited Overseas Researcher) Eligibility:
(1) Be a citizen of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
(2) Have obtained a doctoral degree within six years of the date the fellowship goes into effect.
For Further Information: https://www.jsps.go.jp/english/e-fellow/
JSPS RONPAKU (Dissertation PhD) Program
The aim of JSPS RONPAKU (Dissertation PhD) Program is to provide tutorial and financial support for promising researchers in the countries of Asia and Africa or other specified countries among all those listed as Japanese ODA recipients who wish to obtain a PhD degree from a Japanese university through the submission of a dissertation without matriculating a doctoral course.
For Further Information: https://www.jsps.go.jp/english/e-ronpaku/